If you find yourself reading this article, it’s mostly likely that you are expecting a baby or you just welcomed a baby into the world. Whichever is the case, it calls for celebrations!
In the early stage of your little one’s existence, parents want to ensure the sleeping space of their babies is safe and comfortable. One of the essential pieces of baby gear you will require is a bassinet, and the halo bassinet tends to be very popular among parents.
Therefore, if you are looking for the best halo bassinet to buy for your child, this article will guide you in making the right choice. Apart from knowing the best bassinet to purchase, we’ll also talk about the safety of Halo bassinets, do Halo bassinets come with Mattresses, and other important things to note about bassinets. Let’s begin by looking at how safe halo bassinets are for newborns.
Recommended article: Bassinets And Size: What You Need To Know (Quick Facts!)
Table of Contents
Is the Halo Bassinet Safe for Newborns?
As parents, the first thing to look out for when buying baby gear for your kids is safety. Fortunately, when it comes to halo bassinets, you don’t need to have any fears because the products are designed with safety in mind.
Organizations such as the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA) and the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) have safety standards that baby gears need to meet. Thankfully, most of the bassinets you’ll find in the marketplace meet these standards.
For clarity, let’s go through some features that make the Halo bassinet safe for babies.
- Sturdy Base: With the way a halo bassinet is designed, it is normal for any parent to be scared of it tipping over. However, they come with a stable base that minimizes the risk of tipping over.
- Breathable Mesh Sides: The mesh sides of a halo bassinet are another essential safety feature. They ensure proper ventilation, hence, reducing the risk of suffocation and promoting air circulation around your baby.
- Adjustable Height: You can easily adjust the height of most of the bassinets in the marketplace. This makes it easy for parents to set the height at eye level for seamless monitoring of their baby during sleep hours.
- Swivel Function: The swivel feature allows the bassinet to rotate 360 degrees, making it convenient for you to reach your baby from different angles without getting out of bed.
- Sidewall That Lowers: Halo bassinets are equipped with a sidewall that can be lowered, making it simple to lift your baby in and out while you remain comfortably in bed.
- Nightlight and Soothing Sounds: Some halo bassinets come with built-in nightlights and soothing sounds to help calm your baby during those late-night feedings.
Looking at these features, one can easily tell that these “baby beds” are safe and reliable. Nevertheless, because there are different manufacturers of these products, there are still some factors to look out for when choosing the best halo bassinet for your newborn.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Halo Bassinet
Now that we know that halo bassinets are safe, the next thing is to know which one is right for you. To do this, we’ll look at various factors to bare in mind to meet your specific needs and preferences. Below are some major considerations:
- Space and Room Layout: Of course, you don’t want to buy a product that won’t fit into your space. Since halo bassinets come in different sizes, you need to evaluate the space available in your bedroom so as not to obstruct movement.
- Budget: While some bassinets sell for less than $100, others sell for as high as $400 or more. Therefore, you need to determine how much you are willing to spend on the product. Your major target is to look for one that meets your specific needs and at the same time falls within your budget.
- Ease of Use: When it comes to baby gears, I hate complexity; I like to go with something simple and easy to understand its operations. I always recommend bassinet models that are quick to set up, especially when you’re sleep-deprived.
- Portability: If you are looking for a bassinet to move around the house, go for the one with wheels, and easily portable.
- Height Adjustment: Always go for a bassinet with adjustable heights that are in equilibrium with your bed’s height. The essence of this is to ensure your baby is within easy reach.
- Aesthetics: For parents that pay attention to aesthetics, take your time to find what suits your tastes. You want a bassinet that complements your bedroom decor while ensuring your baby’s comfort and safety.
Now that you have a better understanding of what to look for when choosing a halo bassinet, let’s explore the top 3 halo bassinets to buy for newborns.
Recommended Article: Do Babies Like Bassinets?
Top 3 Halo Bassinets to Buy for Your Little One
To make it easier for you to make your decision, we are only going to look at the 3 best bassinets to consider buying.
HALO BassiNest 3.0, Baby Swivel Bassinet for Newborns
With a price tag of about $220, the Halo BassiNest 3.0 is one to consider if it’s not above your budget. Below are the features that come with this product
- 360-degree swivel design for easy access to your little one from your bed
- It has adjustable heights
- Mesh sidewalls that allow breathability and visibility
- A soothing center with a nightlight, lullabies, and nature sounds
- Vibrating feature to help calm your baby.
- Includes a storage pocket for baby essentials.
- It comes with a sturdy base.
- Easy access to your baby without getting out of bed
- It fosters healthy airflow and visibility
- The study base ensures stability
- It provides additional comfort, thanks to its soothing features like a nightlight and sounds
- It’s not the cheapest in the market
- You need power source to use the soothing features
HALO Baby Flex BassiNest
If you are looking for a halo bassinet for around $100, this is what you need. Just like other bassinets, you can easily adjust the height to accommodate beds between 24.5” to 28” high. Other features of Halo Baby Flex BassiNest include:
- It has mesh walls for ventilation
- It is portable, thus, lets you move it around the house
- It comes with a carry bag in case you need to travel with your baby
- One of the cheapest halo bassinets to buy
- It suitable for almost all bedroom sizes
- Suitable for home and travel
- Adjustable height makes it suitable for different bed heights
- It is lightweight
- Assembling it may be complex for non-technical parents
- Although safe to use, nut not the safest.
HALO BassiNest Swivel Baby Bassinet, Luxe Series
If you are interested in a Halo bassinet with premium accessories, then you should go with Halo BassiNest Swivel Baby Bassinet. Although more expensive than the other two above, it is packed with features for safety and convenience.
Aside from its mesh sidewalls, adjustable height, built-in soothing features, and its ability to convert to a portable nest for around the house, this bassinet also comes with fabric walls zip for machine washing. It can accommodate beds as high as 32” high.
- One of the safest you can think of
- It takes little effort to assemble
- Designed to accommodate all bed heights
- Made of high-quality materials
- Provides a comfortable sleeping surface your babies
- It costs over $300 to acquire this product. However, every penny spent on it is worth it.
Do Halo Bassinets come with Mattresses?
Yes, halo bassinets come with a mattress pad. The included mattress pad is designed to fit the bassinet perfectly and provide a safe and comfortable sleeping surface for your newborn.
As parents, you should always stick to the provided mattress pad and not add additional bedding or padding, as this can pose a suffocation risk to your baby.
Choosing the best bassinet for your newborn is a crucial decision, as it directly impacts your baby’s safety, comfort, and convenience as a parent. Halo bassinets offer a range of options to cater to various needs and preferences. They are designed with safety as a top priority, meeting or exceeding industry standards. By considering factors such as space, budget, and additional features, you can select one of the halo bassinets above that best suits your family’s unique requirements