Having a travel system for children makes it easy and convenient for parents to move their kids around. There are dozens of travel system brands in the marketplace and choosing one can be daunting for some people.
In most cases, most baby and juvenile product brands sell both car seats and strollers. However, it is common among parents to have a car seat and a stroller from different brands.
To pair a stroller and car seat to form a travel system, the first thing to consider is whether they are compatible. Doing that would ensure your child is safe and comfortable while being wheeled around.
If you own a Britax infant car seat and are thinking of which stroller to use for it, you should first consider getting a Britax stroller. If that doesn’t look appealing to you, then you can consider looking for other brands that are compatible.
Related article: Britax car seats and UPPAbaby Vista compatibility test
Table of Contents
Britax Infant Car Seat And Compatibility With Other Strollers
Britax car seats are compatible with many other brands of strollers such as Baby Jogger and BOB Gear. Unfortunately, you can’t use a Britax infant car seat on strollers such as Baby Trend, Graco etc.
Below is a list of strollers to consider for your Britax infant car seat. You will need to buy a separate adapter for a safe connection.
- City Mini2, City Mini GT2, City Select, and City Select Lux: These strollers can pair with Britax B-Safe, B-Safe 35, and B-Safe 35 Elite
BOB Gear / Britax Stroller
- BOB Gear Alterrain Pro is compatible with B-Safe, B-Safe 35, B-Safe 35 Elite, B-Safe 35 Ultra, Endeavors, and Chaperone.
- B-Clever and B-Lively can pair with Britax B-Safe, B-Safe 35, and B-Safe 35 Elite
- Caboose Ultralight Graphite Stroller: You can use this stroller with Britax B-Safe 35, B-Safe 35 Elite, Romer Baby-Safe, and Chaperone. The car seat adapter is included when you buy the stroller.
- Caboose S and Qool Stroller: Both strollers are compatible with Britax B-Safe 35 and B-Safe 35 Elite. You will have to buy the adapter separately.
- Twin Roo+ Car Seat Stroller Frame: you can pair it with B-Safe 35 and B-Safe 35 Elite.
- Donkey3 Stroller: Compatible with B-Safe
- Fox2 Stroller: Compatible with B-Safe, B-Safe 35, and Endeavors
- Thule Glide 2, Urban Glide 2 Single, and Urban Glide 2 Double: You can use any of these strollers with B-Safe, B-Safe 35, B-Safe 35 Elite, Unity, Affinity Unity, and Chaperone
Maxi Cosi Stroller
- Lila and Tayla Modular are compatible with the Britax B-Safe series.
- The strollers are compatible with B-Safe 35 and B-Safe Ultra infant car seats with the help of an adapter.
Before You Buy Another Brand of stroller for your Britax infant car seat
Strollers and car seats come in different designs and models. Before you choose a stroller for a car seat, you should check properly to know the right model of an infant car seat suitable for a particular stroller.
Just because Baby Jogger strollers are compatible with Britax car seats doesn’t mean you can randomly pick a Baby Jogger stroller and use it with any Britax car seat. Doing that would put your child’s safety at risk.
Also, before using a different brand of stroller for a Britax car seat, make sure the car seat adapter is readily available for purchase.
In most cases, the adapters are sold separately and you need to be sure they are available so that you don’t get stranded after purchasing the stroller.
Conclusion – Using Britax Car Seats On Other Brands Of Strollers
Britax car seats are compatible with some other brands of strollers. If you are contemplating buying a stroller for your Britax car seat, you should first consider purchasing a Britax stroller.
However, if you want something different, some strollers from Baby Jogger, BOB Gear, Maxi Cosi, Joovy, Bugaboo, etc. can be used with Britax infant car seats with the help of a car seat adapter.
If possible, you should put a call through to the company to confirm if you can get the necessary adapter needed to connect a Britax car seat to another brand of stroller. You should be fine using Britax car seats on other strollers if you look for the right stroller.